Following is a monthly update on my contributions to open source and community around it.
FOSDEM2013 was a very affordable open source conference in Brussels that laste for one weekend. I have attended it purely as participant, watching talks and saying hello to old friends from Python community. There was so much going on, it's hard to tell. Besides Python track I really enjoyed Assholes are killing your project, which was completely packed. See videos on http://video.fosdem.org/2013/.
https://www.kiberpipa.org (our local hackerspace community) has a new website! @taveliki decided old website was too old and useless, so he started working on the redesign based on twitter.bootstrap. Main goal was to simplify the website and be responsive. This project took quite some of my free time and I'm really happy it's out there!
@garbas finally convinced me try NixOS Linux distribution. NixOS changes Linux packaging completely and obsoletes (sorry) your Linux sysadmin practices. It's very similar to Puppet, only that it renders configuration for your machine except trying to control your Linux distribution. Also similar to zc.buildout we use in Python world.
A day after I got introduced to NixOS, I started creating pull requests with new packages and new services. I'm preparing NixOS configuration for my HTPC box, which you will only run and got the same environment every time. I packaged deluge, FlexGet, beets, upgraded bacula, added xbmc as window manager, nginx service and now I'm working on bacula service. You can track the progress on https://trello.com/board/htpc/511fd953b0854eab610028a5.
I haven't found any time to work on mr.bob, but community of users is getting bigger! See https://github.com/teixas/bobtemplates.fanstatic, https://github.com/gforcada/bobtemplates.plone, https://github.com/svx/bobtemplates.leftxs, https://github.com/glenfant/bobtemplates.gillux.
Released pyramid_tinymce_spellchecker 0.1. Just a simple Ajax pyramid view that TinyMCE spellchecker calls. Currently only supports Enchant backend.
3 day WebTest sprint in Paris ended up with 100% test coverage, some bug fixes and 2.0 release. New pull requests (including tests) are coming in on daily basis, which I would claim as a victory. 2.0.1 was already released to include some of them.
If you have an interesting problem to solve under a public license, I'm happy to hear from you at email@example.com :-)