Haven't blogged in 2016, but a lot has happened.
A quick summary of highlighted events:
- with Luke Gorrie we've packaged OpenStack for NixOS and we ran a bunch of tests on top of the cluster
- with Luke we've deployed a benchmarking and testing cluster of machines for development of Snabb networking software
- Managed the release of NixOS 16.03 and 16.09
- I've officially started Enlambda, Nix consulting
- Learned Elm functional language for frontend development and made a few smaller hobby projects with it
- Read Haskell book and started doing Haskell development in my spare time
- Attended functional programming conference Lambda World and started Lambda meetup in Ljubljana
- According to Standardized ladder of functional programming I'm moving towards Competent level
- Towards end of the year I've consulted for IOHK and Serokell doing infrastructure work with Haskell and Nix
2016 was a functional programming year as I've planned by end of 2015.
I greatly miss Python community and in that spirit, I've attended EuroPython 2016 and helped organize DragonSprint in Ljubljana. I don't think there's a place for me in OOP anymore, but I'll surely attend community events as nostalgia will kick in.
2017 seems extremely exciting, plans will unveil as I go, starting with some exciting news in January for Nix community.